Welcome To Hastings Attorneys-At-Law
To efficiently and effectively service the needs of our clients, our team of Attorneys-at-Law have refined their practice to provide optimum service to our clients in the areas of litigation, arbitration, alternative dispute resolution, insurance, commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, family law, probate, employment, debt recovery, immigration and local/international securities transactions. The service provided by this Team will be done, where applicable, in collaboration with the aid of accountants, brokers, bankers, real estate agents, trademarks and other professionals. Backed by a knowledgeable staff, our Team of Attorneys offers an efficient, client oriented and professional service.
The Firm’s commercial law experience includes the following transactions:
· International finance transactions involving Swiss Re-insurance Company and Barclays Bank PLC involving US$1.15 Billion.
· Ship Finance Syndicated loan transaction involving US$119M.
· International Finance transactions involving Deutsche Bank AG and Landesbank.
· Re-financing of local Hotel groups involving US$34.5M.
· Syndicated loan transaction between Bank of Nova Scotia, Barclays Bank PLC, CIBC and Royal bank of Canada involving US$60M.
· Re-financing (syndicated loan) of Courts Group of Companies in the UK and the Caribbean.
· Sale of a Bank in the Caribbean.
· Takeover bids (including the Sagicor Financial Corporation and Barbados Farms Limited takeover).
· Acquisition and disposition of several high end hotel properties.
· Significant acquisitions by way of outright purchase and by way of merger.
· Establishment of the legal structure for the prestigious Royal Westmoreland residential and Golf Course Development
· Representing the prestigious Apes Hill Development in Barbados in relation to a US$400M real estate and Golf Course development.
· Counsel for a number of public and private companies.
· Counsel for the three major Banks in Barbados in the field of corporate and retail, litigation, and securities.
The Firm has an extensive litigation practice and experience in representing parties in high profile litigation cases in the High Court of Appeal, Privy Council and Caribbean Court of Justice.
The Firm also has experience in arbitration proceedings and practising in the alternative dispute resolution arena.